Let's Talk About Lunch

Lets talk about lunch

Did you know

  • All students, regardless if they are getting a paid lunch or a free or reduced meal, use their pin numbers at time of purchase so they are treated the same and no one knows how they paid for their meal.


  • Any student who qualifies for a free or reduced lunch can also get free or reduced breakfast!


  • Parents can put money on a student’s lunch account through MySchoolBucks.com.


  • All students (paid, free or reduced) can get any meal offered.


  • Applications for free or reduced meals must be completed every year within 30 days after the start of school. You can now apply online through MySchoolApps.com.


  • An alternate meal is offered every day to ALL students, regardless of payment status, in case a student does not like or can’t have the posted meal.


  • The cafeteria must follow very strict rules to offer every student a meal that meets the federal guidelines.


  • Students must take a fruit or a vegetable in order to have a complete meal.


  • What comes with a Lunch?  Choice of Entrée, vegetable, fruit and milk


  • What comes with a Breakfast?  Choice of Entrée, fruit and milk                                        


Do you have questions about school meals? Contact Becky Tyrrell, EdAdvance Food Service Director @ 860-567-0863 x 148 or Kristin Harrison, Cafeteria Bookkeeper @   860-489-2327 x 1627.

Vamos a hablar de comida

Ustedes sabían…

  • Todos los estudiantes, sin importar si reciben una comida pagada o una comida gratis o reducida, usan su número de identificación para comprar para que todos los alumnos se sientan tratados iguales y así nadie sabe cómo pagan por su comida.


  • Cualquier estudiante que califica para un almuerzo gratis o reducido también puede obtener gratis o reducido el desayuno!


  • Los padres pueden poner dinero en la cuenta de almuerzo de los estudiantes a través de MySchoolBucks.com.


  • La cuenta se puede configurar para enviarle una alerta cuando el balance este bajo.


  • Todos los estudiantes (pagados, gratis o reducidos) pueden obtener cualquier comida ofrecida.


  • Aplicaciones para comidas gratis o reducidas se deben completar cada año dentro de 30 días después del comienzo de la escuela.


  • Los menús para el desayuno y el almuerzo son publicados en la Página Web de la escuela.


  • Una comida alternativa se ofrece diariamente a todos los estudiantes, independientemente del estado de pago, en caso de que un estudiante no le guste o no pueda comer lo que se ofrece.


  • La cafetería debe seguir reglas muy estrictas para ofrecer a cada estudiante una comida que cumple con las normas federales.


  • Los estudiantes deben tomar una fruta o un vegetal para tener una comida completa.


  • ¿Qué incluye un almuerzo?  Elección de plato principal, vegetales, frutas y leche.
  • ¿Qué incluye un desayuno?  Elección de plato principal, fruta y leche.


¿Tienes preguntas sobre las comidas escolares? Contacte a Becky Tyrrell, EdAdvance Directora de servicio de comida @ 860-567-0863 x 148 o Kristin Harrison,  encargada de la cafeterías @   860-489-2327 x 1627.

­­­­­­­­­U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulatons and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information(e.g. Braille, large print, autiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilitites may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 887-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:  http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint for, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400  Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442;
  3. Email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.